- Please visit https://pickleballworldtours.com/tours/spanish-open/
- WHO: Pickleballers of all ages and abilities, and their guests
- WHERE: Madrid and Barcelona
- WHEN: September 2021 (8 days)
- HOW MUCH: $3490 per traveler if paying in full. $3790 on a payment plan.
- This tour combines the competition in the Spanish Open Pickleball Championships with sightseeing through Spain. We'll start off in Madrid where we will tour the city, attend a Flamenco show, do a ham and wine tasting night, practice, and get ready to compete. After the fun at the 3-day tournament we are off to Barcelona where it's more sightseeing, tapas, friends, and fun in Costa Brava. Join us for an adventure you will never forget!
TOUR SAMPLE ITINERARY
- DAY 1 – ARRIVAL IN MADRID - Arrival at Madrid International Airport. Meet your teammates and travel party. Your local guide will meet you at Arrivals and will assist you throughout the trip. • Transfer by private bus to your hotel in the city center of Madrid. • Arrival and check in at your hotel • Lunch on your own and free time to explore the area around the hotel. • Afternoon - Training session in local venue prepared for Pickleball. • Evening - Madrid is the capital of Spain but also the capital of the traditional Spanish dance Flamenco. We will enjoy a welcome dinner at a local Flamenco venue (tablao), including dinner and traditional flamenco show.
- DAY 2 – MADRID AND BERNABEU - 7:30 am – Have breakfast at your hotel. • 8:00 am – After breakfast departure for Madrid Full Day Tour. In this full day Madrid city tour you will drive and walk through the beautiful city of Madrid. See some of the most important sights in the city such as Plaza Mayor, Puerta de Alcalá, Plaza de Cibeles, Puerta del Sol and the Bernabéu Stadium. Stop at some of the locations to take pictures of those significant places in the city. We will also visit Madrid’s historic quarters and famous parks, including Casa de Campo and Retiro. Entrance included in Real Madrid Bernabeu Stadium • Lunch on your own. • 3:00 pm – Afternoon training session in local venue prepared for Pickleball. • Evening – Madrid Ham Tasting experience with wine - Visit a family-run ham shop to discover the delicious world of Spanish jamón (ham) paired with local wine. During this 1-hour experience you’ll become an expert in choosing the very best Spanish hams and even try your hand at the art of ham carving! • TBD - Transfer back to the hotel.
- DAY 3 – SPANISH OPEN FIRST DAY - 8:00 am – Have breakfast at your hotel. Free time to rest before the start of the tournament (optional training session) • 2:00 pm – Spend the day at the Spanish Open Pickleball Championships. • 10:00 pm – Transfer back to the hotel • 10:30 pm–Have Dinner at your hotel.
- DAY 4 – SPANISH OPEN SECOND DAY - 8:00 am – Have breakfast at your hotel. • 9:00 am – Spend the day at the Spanish Open Pickleball Championships. • 9:00 pm – Transfer back to the hotel • 9:30 pm – Have dinner at your hotel.
- DAY 5 – SPANISH OPEN FINALS DAY - 8:00 am – Have breakfast at your hotel. • 9:00 am – Spend the day at the Spanish Open Pickleball Championships. • 7:00 pm – Transfer back to the hotel • 10:00 pm – Have dinner at your hotel.
- DAY 6 – TRANSFER TO BARCELONA - 8:00 am – Have breakfast at your hotel. Hotel check-out. • 8:30 am – Transfer from Madrid to Barcelona via private bus. • 12:00 pm – Stop in Zaragoza for lunch (lunch not included). • 12:30 pm – Arrival in Barcelona and check into your hotel in Costa Brava (Lloret, Calella, Santa Susana, or similar). • Free time to explore and go to the beach • 8:00 pm – Have dinner at your hotel.
- DAY 7 – BARCELONA FULL DAY - 7:30 am – Have breakfast at your hotel. • 8:30 am – After check-out, departure to Barcelona city center • 10:00 am – Full day Barcelona City Tour. We will start our tour with a drive up the famous mountain of Montjuic, which offers excellent views over the city and which was the main site of the 1992 Olympic games. After a brief stop at the terrasse of the Catalunya National Art Museum (MNAC) we will make our way down to Placa Espanya and past the Modernist buildings of the Eixample area. Our drive to the iconic Sagrada Famlia will take us up Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona’s most expensive boulevard and the setting of two of Barcelonas most talked about Gaudi buildings: La Pedre- ra and Casa Batllo. Finally, we will arrive at Sagrada Família (entrance included), stopping there for a guided visit inside the basilica. Our Skip the Line policy means there will be no NO QUEUES! After visiting Sagrada Familia we will drive to Parc Guell (entrance included), which is considered a UNESCO World Heritage site. • 8:00 pm – Farewell Tapas Dinner – Shared Plates. We will end our trip laughing, revisiting the best moments sitting down to a classic meal of traditional shared plates at a beloved local tavern. • 10:00 pm - Transfer back to the hotel.
- DAY 8 – GOODBYE SPAIN - Have breakfast at your hotel. • Hotel check-out. • Departure to Airport • Depart for USA
- NOTE: This is a sample itinerary and subject to changes. While we make every effort to keep the actual trip as close as possible to the itineraries released in advance of the trip, the nature of group and international travel requires last minute changes due to vendors, travel logistics, game and tournament schedules, weather, etc.]