How To Be a Great Host: Picklebilly Hosted Housing
Picklebilly Hosted Housing is a community of pickleball players looking to travel, meet new people, and hopefully save money on lodging. You can use this site depending on your personal needs. You may want to host travelers to your area, you may be looking to stay with someone who can host, or you may just want to socialize or network with fellow players. The possibilities are endless! :)
Here's the link to sign up: Picklebilly Hosted Housing
A potential traveler may reach out to you via Facebook. After exchanging messages and learning about each other through your Facebook profiles, you agree on some dates/times to set up a visit.
Of course, you'll want to figure out your pickleball play and arrange times to hit the courts!
Besides pickleball, here are five tips for being a great host once your guests arrive:
1. Share important info and parameters:
Quirks about where you are staying
Extra towels and blanket locations
Home alarm code if you are comfortable with it
Itineraries of what they'd like to do and see
2. If your time/budget allows, plan a meal to welcome your guest.
3. Leave reading info in the bedroom: If there are local magazines/newspapers/ about happenings in your area, your guest will appreciate this info.
4. Discuss bedtimes. Not everyone will be on the same schedule.
5. Personal touches are most welcoming. Leave a couple water bottles in the bedroom, a basket of basic necessities (toothbrush, toothpaste, facial soap?), and perhaps fresh flowers or a few chocolates.
Again, we hope you discover the possibilities of hosting fellow pickleball players. We love how pickleball is revolutionizing and changing the world. It truly is a sport which is bringing us all together and in that sense, it’s much more than just a physical activity.